4.15.2011

The Reality of Being A Hero

Not all of my blog readers leave comments. Some email me directly.

One of my subscribers sent me this:

You are my written hero. I love it how you are direct and so expressive in your blogs. You go girl!!!
Hope you find the perfect PR person soon.
She sent it in response to this.





I've been called alot of flattering things, but "written hero" is a first. Thank you.

I don't think my mama or sisters ever told me when I was a little girl that it was impossible for me to become The Bionic Woman. She was my hero. As I watched this clip, I reflected on how she was just a normal looking person. No costumes, capes, or color changes (remember the Incredible Hulk?!). You didn't know her strengths and powers until she revealed them and from what I remember, she was always using her supernatural abilities to help others.

THE REALITY OF BEING A HERO

I'm sure The Bionic Woman had just as many critics as she did fans. In the 70s, there just weren't any blogs and social networking sites for pundits to broadcast their less than favorable opinions about her.

I exist in a different age. One where folks have free reign to tell me what they think - both good and bad.

One day someone will feel the need to let me know how much they despise me. When that day comes, I'll openly share it with you too. 



photo: CatPats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...