8.22.2011

No Fish Sticks, Febreeze or Faking

If you've been hanging out here with me for a while, you may have noticed the tone of my blog has changed.

I'm no longer writing from the perspective of an entrepreneur and coach. I've transitioned into sharing my story and journey as it relates to my evolution and all aspects of my life. 

To put it plainly: Don't expect tips on marketing, branding, speaking, etc. If that's what you want, you can find that content in my articles for The Work at Home Woman and Forbes.

What you will find here is more of what I've been writing about these past few months - the relentless pursuit of my dreams despite obstacles at every turn, the new things I'm trying and the great people I'm meeting, and more lifestyle oriented stuff.

Am I turning into a mommy blogger? Hell no. Or a fashion blogger? Not even. Will I start doing fish sticks and Febreeze giveaways? The thought of such makes me dry heave.

I'm merely showing you my individuality and how non-one dimensional I am.

Why the change? 
  1. the online faking, plagiarizing, and guru bullshit is out of control. I want no parts  of it.
  2. thieves can't steal my life or experiences. Even as a newbie blogger in 2008, my content was being ripped off and used by purported 6 & 7-figure online marketers and success coaches. Yes, I'm still bitter.
  3. despite all the personal blogs out here, there's still a void. People want  genuine honesty. Not exaggerated truths for the sake of more pageviews. I'm filling that void.
I'm no longer the speaker who blogs. I'm the blogger who speaks as a result of blogging. Huge difference.

I like the space I'm in now. It took me a minute to get here, but I'm glad I finally arrived. 

Do I give a damn about what others think about this? You already know the answer to that. 

What can you do to help advance my mission? Just keep reading, sharing, and commenting. You're letting me know what you like and don't like. 

It is possible to write a personal blog with the reader in mind. 

Thank you for showing me how to do it.


18 comments:

  1. Lol, do people actually do fish stick giveaways? How is that even...febreeze is a little less wth-worthy, but fish sticks?

    My own writing style has changed too--it went from dark to...not sure what anymore. But hey if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it's a product, SOMEBODY will figure out a way to raffle it off to the highest commenter or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true, lol. The market is so over saturated that it's taking away from the people who are actually giving away items of value. It's sad really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I have to say is yes, yes, yes, yes ,yes! I wish more people had this mindset. I am so tired of reading content that is completely superficial.

    I want to know about the blogger and their experiences, not necessarily about what pushes page views and increase your PR ranking.

    So glad that you joined the tribe! I think we will get along famously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i knew there was at least one other person out there who could relate...thank you. if it's not superficial, it's forced. not happening here.

    yes we will...i happened to be in the right place at the right time..i appreciate the work you put into our group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. coffeelovinmom8/22/2011

    The blogger who speaks as a result of blogging - I always appreciate your perspective and insight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right on Donna! I'm with you all the way. Looking forward to your journey blogging, from one fighter to another :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. and i always appreciate you taking time out to tell me you appreciate my writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You won't need to worry about the Febreeze, anyway, since this is a "no bullshit" zone. I love it.

    P.S. I'm a mom who blogs, but I'm not a zombie mommy blogger nightmare, and I'm happy for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it - and YOU, of course! I eagerly await your stories and insights and love seeing the support you get from your "real" friends :-) XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. the feeling is ever so mutual, dear! couldn't have lasted this long without y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the new visual changes you're making and the direction and journey you're taking. Thanks for letting us (readers) along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you! we'll all get to see how it plays out together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! I'm fairly new here so I'm not completely familiar with "your old way of blogging" but I love honest-put-yourself-out-there blogging! I'm excited to read what you share!

    ReplyDelete
  15. agreed - honest is the best way to blog. thanks for stopping by & please do come back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stesha8/27/2011

    Love the new direction... but if you do happen to host a fish stick giveaway please send the link. Mother of 7, you know:)

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks Stesha. but sorry - no fish sticks!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...