4.07.2011

You're Fired

About three weeks ago I reached out to a local PR firm. I was referred by a fellow blogger and was thrilled with the results they'd gotten her. Plus, I like to do local business whenever possible.

Within minutes of sending an email to inquire about an initial consultation, I got an immediate response letting me know it was free and would entail finding out about my goals and discussing the media opportunities I've managed to secure on my own.




Things were off to a great start. Seemed like it was gonna be a good fit.

I told him to let me know a time/date convenient for him so we could get together.

UPDATE: I've not heard a word since then.

The part of me that sometimes reads too much into things assumed he saw this and concluded I couldn't afford him.

Memo to Potential-Almost PR Rep: Please know this isn't the case at all. I had no intentions of getting your services for free or bartaring or anything of the sort. I appreciate you posting your hourly rate on your website, and as such, I was prepared to pay you accordingly. Since it took you so long to get back with me, I'm no longer interested in working with you UNLESS you had a life or death situation that prevented you from following up. It's business. Not personal.
The position shall remain open until filled. If you know someone who may be interested, feel free to send em my way. Serious candidates only.

Thank you Kindly,

Management.





photo: lawgeek




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...