4.24.2011

Life Beyond Lent



This sign represents what I gave up for Lent. I haven't had beef in 1 month and 15 days. However, it only took 20 minutes to realize my spiritual constitution wasn't quite strong enough to loose me of bacon. Perhaps I shall try again next year.

Over the past 46 days, I've acquired a taste for veggie sausage and have grown to love chicken even more (had no idea this was possible). As a result, I've decided to prolong my desire to chow down on a highly seasoned steak. That'll be a great birthday present to myself at the end of June. 

You can either proactively make decisions or be forced into doing so.

Eating less red meat was a decision. Choosing to pursue my dreams while the odds are stacked against me is a decision. On a daily basis, I choose to live life beyond my circumstances.

What choices will you make? Will you decide to push yourself beyond perceived limitations or will you choose to make excuses?





3 comments:

  1. I did the Daniel fast (30 days of nuts, fruits, berries) for the first time earlier this year, and it wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be. And the health benefits were noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of that one, Lisa. Sounds challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the Daniel fast (30 days of nuts, fruits, berries) for the first time earlier this year, and it wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be. And the health benefits were noticeable.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...