6.29.2011

24 Hours Before 39

I celebrated my 39th birthday yesterday. I'm not one of those women who gets all depressed about getting a year older and as you can see, I have no problem telling my age. Here's a recap of what happened before the big day:

On Monday I got a free massage. One of my Facebook friends has a friend who's getting her license and she needed warm bodies to practice on. 

Sign. Me. Up!

Candid Confession: In all of my 38 years and 364 days, I'd never had a professional massage. The bribed foot rubs from The Girl and The Boy certainly don't count. I thought they did. I know better now. 

I was feeling a little anxious about driving across town to meet a stranger who would end up putting her hands all over me. This free offer didn't sound so good any more. I woke The Girl and left her a copy of the address and directions to where I was going - just in case I didn't make it back. I called Baby Daddy upon my arrival and gave him a description of the house. I told him if he didn't hear from me in an hour, call the authorities. I'd fallen victim to sex trafficking. 

A soft spoken lady greeted me at the door and ushered me to the room where it was about to go down. I carefully surveyed the place. Looking for clues. Signs of a previous struggle.  Anything out of the ordinary. She asked if I had any injuries she needed to know about. I started naming off all kinds of ailments - everything I've ever self-diagnosed with the help of WebMD. Clearly this would make a human smuggler change their mind about holding me captive. My astigmatism, seasonal allergies, and tendinitis would hinder my sex-slaving abilities.

She told me to get undressed to the point where I felt comfortable, get on the table underneath the sheet,  put my face in the cradle, and she would return in a few minutes. As soon as she left, I grabbed my phone and sent Baby Daddy a text:

Me: I'm about to get undressed! Start praying and be on standby!

Him: Ok, but if there's any trouble I'm sure you can take em down!

Dude - this IS NOT the time for a pep talk. My ass could literally be on the line here. 

When she entered the room alone - minus duct tape and rope- I knew everything was ok. I could lay there and enjoy the experience. After about 15 minutes of total relaxation, I came to the conclusion that I never wanted to leave. This quaint little room would be my new home.


Fully equipped with a soon-to-be licensed masseuse.


10 comments:

  1. It's those soft spoken ones you have to particularly watch out for! I'm glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a very good birthday..thank you CLM & Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/05/2011

    Love the post Donna and Happy Birthday - Amada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so late! Happy Birthday Donna! Wishing you many Blessings and more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @asummermoon - You are never too late, my friend...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Donna! Sounds like a great one. I got my first real massage when I was 30, and was hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, Nicole..so glad to know I'm not the only one who waited until my prime to lose my massage virginity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so late! Happy Birthday Donna! Wishing you many Blessings and more years to come!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...