10.15.2011

Found Online: Friends, Girdles & Opportunities

Have you ever seen one of those enticing, yet spammy looking advertisements telling you you could get paid for your time just by completing surveys?

I stumbled across another one here recently that was offering a $150 Visa gift card to watch cable programming for five days. They were conducting research for a new online-only subscription service called HBO Go. About two days into the project, my logon got messed up so I wasn't able to complete the study. I answered like 10 questions and was surprised when I got an email saying my payment was ready to be redeemed. Turns out, those 10 questions were equivalent to $20.

I'd already decided what I was gonna buy had I gotten paid in full. I was heading over to Target for one of these:

photo courtesy of target.com

The remaining balance was gonna be used for Christmas shopping.

Instead of getting another muffin top reducer, I decided to support one of my buddies who's working her ass off to build her direct sales business. I've known this lady for almost two years now and she's one of my biggest cheerleaders. She sends me links to deals and shares all kinds of money saving resources with me. When I write a post about a challenge I'm facing, she takes the time to send an email offering encouragement.

And by the way...when I say "I've known her" for almost two years, that means we met on Facebook in March 2010...never laid eyes on her in real life. But that's how social networking works...when you're really building relationships.

I can't wait for my Avon to get here! I scored some pretty good deals by ordering from Jan online.

I remember when I was a little girl and the Avon lady would come by our house on Saturday afternoons. My my my have times changed.

Anyway, if you're in need of eye shadow or perfume or foot scrub or jewelry or Christmas ornaments or anything else, click on over and order from Jan.

I'll shoot a video and show you my goodies when they get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...