10.07.2011

Dr. Oz Is Going To Be The Death Of Me

The clueless non- coffee drinkers of America probably didn't know National Coffee Day was September 29th.

I celebrated. With coffee. Nothing fancy, just my usual Folgers instant. 

Coffee addict - yes. Coffee snob - no.

With a different study out on any given day giving conflicting and confusing information about the health benefits or lack thereof when it comes to drinking coffee, you can imagine how torn I am trying to decide if I want to kick the habit altogether.

I gave it up for lent a couple of years ago and didn't die, but the thought of divorcing it for good makes my heart rate drop.

What I have decided to do is make a few healthier choices...choices that work for me. 

Dairy creamer is out. No more french vanilla flavoring in my cup. I'm using almondmilk in its place.

Bye-bye sugar as of this month. I finally followed Dr. Oz's advice and stirred in a little agave nectar.

photo courtesy of drugstore.com

I bought the exact one pictured above (from Wal-Mart..no trip to a specialty store) and I absolutely love the taste! 

It costs like $3 and change so I just closed my eyes when the checker scanned it. This certainly qualifies as one of those items that make you say, "Um...can you take that off please?!", when you get to the end of your transaction and see your total. Don't even act like you ain't never done that before!

In the event I don't give up my java and considering the changes in how I 'take mine' now, I'd still like to work up to drinking it straight black. 

THAT would make me feel like a real woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...