7.17.2011

Tutti Frutti Tonga

O.P.I. Tutti Frutti Tonga is a light peachy-pink shimmer polish color
Blogging from my bed instead of The Crackhouse is a beautiful thing. I appreciate the hospitality the staff showed me, but I prefer Headquarters. However, I will make it a point to work from my other campus at least once a week.

I was sitting on the floor watching Lifetime Movie Network when I should have been writing my monthly post for The Work at Home Woman. An hour and forty-five minutes into Seduced by Lies gave me the sudden urge to go get a pedicure.

I'll have to catch the last fifteen minutes to see if What's-Her-Name killed the new boyfriend who murdered her best friend and tried to convince her it was really her ex-boyfriend who was kinda stalking her too.

CLOSED FOR BUSINESS

At 4:52pm, I reached for my phone to call Annie's Nails & Spa. They do my feet and eyebrows. I don't particularly care for manicures. Andy, the owner, answered:

Me: What time do you close?
Andy: Now. You can come tomorrow?!
Me: No. Justin won't be there tomorrow. Thank you though.
Andy: Ok. Come now.
Me: Thaaank youuuu, Andy! You'll know me when I get there.
Andy: I don't know you.
Me: Ok...I'm on my way!
When I walked in, Andy was doing nails. He looked up and said, "Oh - it's you." I'm certain he was excited, but I'm reluctant to put an ! at the end of his sentence statement.

JUSTIN IS HI

Andy asked who I wanted to do my pedicure and I pointed and said, "Justin". Maybe the smell of acrylic was getting to him because I know I told him that on the phone. Justin finished up with his customer and came over to start on me. That young man rubs my feet like nothing I've ever felt before! As Justin was walking me over to sit my toes under the table light, Andy struck up a conversation:

Andy: What's his name? (pointing to Justin)
Me: Justin
Andy: No it's not
Me: Yes, yes it is. His name is Justin. (looking at Justin) Ain't your name Justin??
Justin: No. My name is Hi...like Hello!
Me: Well, why do I think your name is Justin?
Justin: I don't know (laughing out loud along with the other people in the salon). It's not Justin (as he pulls out his driver license to prove it)...see it's Hai..like hi.
Me: (speechless. with a dumb ass look on my face)

VOICES IN MY HEAD

When I jumped up and decided I needed (yes, need - not want) Hai to put his hands on my feet and calves, I knew it was a purchase Suze wouldn't approve. As a matter of fact, as I was driving home, I heard Suze some more telling me I had no business spending money on a pedicure. Sometimes Suze needs to be ignored. This was one of those times. The last thing I want to do is feel guilty about spending $30. My time would be better spent figuring out how I'm gonna make that $30 back.

I think this is one of those instances where over-indulgent people would make the "you only live once" comment. Baby Daddy got the internet turned back on. I felt it was my duty to show my appreciation by getting my feet did.

6 comments:

  1. I got my eyebrows done yesterday, vowing that I didn't have time for a mani and pedi. Well, I guess it must've been the "sweet" smell of acrylic that altered my reasoning, because I left two hours later feeling like a new woman....just what I needed, whether I could afford the time and money, or not. And then after dropping another $117 at the TJ Maxx next door, I headed home. (NOT TODAY SUZE...NOT..TODAY!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - girl - I'd be in worlds of trouble if there was any kind of retail next to my nail spot. Except I'd go put my stuff on lay-away first and then let Hai aka Justin have his way with my feet! (we got this, Suze..we got this)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I think about this, the more I wonder why you thought his name was Justin in the first place - also, are you sure the other guy's name is really Andy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @CLM - I knew someone was gonna say it..YES - the other guy's name really is Andy..I'm almost positive it is! Justin Hi puts me in a trans (did I spell that right?!) when he's rubbing on me...hell, sometimes I don't even know my own name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna? Justin - really? You crack me up. Anyway, this is what people need to understand. Sometimes you have to put Suze on pause (but only for a minute) and just relax and refocus.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, really - Justin.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...