7.20.2011

Real Geeks Don't Cry

My technological prowess isn't all that advanced, but I strive to make improvements. Sometimes it consists of something as simple as learning a new feature on my two-year old Samsung phone.

I outsource video editing to The Girl. She's good at it. I'm not. She enjoys doing it. I never tried it until today, but I knew in advance I didn't like it.

In an attempt to streamline processes at Headquarters, I'm slowly transitioning from the desktop that's on its last leg. The only thing it's good for is about six straight hours of Runescape. I'm consolidating all blogging functions on my laptop. 

Today I learned how to:
  1. convert a .wlmp to a .wmv (you save the file as a movie - don't save it as a project)
  2. edit the beginning and end of a video (I'm gonna be dangerous when I learn how to do the middle!)
I celebrated briefly. And then pronounced myself brain dead.



photo: Rakka

4 comments:

  1. Donna it's great that you're attempting to learn these new features yourself. Never leave your fate in anyone's hands but your own. I can't wait to see the final version of your video.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are definitely on the same page, Stesha. That's the main reason I refuse to move my blog from Blogger to WordPress..would be a steep learning curve and always at the mercy of someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Video editing, webpage designing and other complicated technical "thingies" make me cry, too. This is why I keep it simple with Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! And if I come across something that looks hard at first, Google is always there to my rescue!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...