7.31.2011

I Don't Blog Naked

Major benefit of being a blogger: you don't have a dress code. Most days I roll out of bed, wash my face, brush my teeth, and grab my laptop. Now don't go spreading internet rumors - I don't blog in my birthday suit.

I've had to "get dressed for work" twice this month. I share pics of my outfits on Facebook, so I figured why not share them here with you too.

photo courtesy of Body Central (bodyc.com)
 I had my eye on the vest pictured above for about two years now. I kept waiting for it to go on sale, but it never did. Until now. It's on clearance.

I already had the other pieces to recreate this look, but I couldn't find a vest at a price I was willing to pay. Until now. Thank you, Ross Dress for Less!



 
I picked up my shrug for $8.99 which is still a buck less than Body Central's clearance price. Scored the tank from Rue21 (two for $10) - my favorite spot for tanks because they don't lose their shape and are always on sale. My black wide leg pants are from Gap...got em a few years ago when a store was closing at a local mall.

I wore these - part of my collection thanks to lay-away at T.J.Maxx:
Franco Sarto shoes from T.J.Maxx
I think I got them two summers ago. Maybe, but don't quote me. I just know they aren't brand spankin' new. I checked the bottom to get the price, but it was torn off. My guess is they were between $29.99 - $39.99. Not bad considering similar sandals are $69.99.

I wore this outfit to the Do You Naturally Expo yesterday where I presented a topic on entrepreneurship. 
Here I am with author and speaker Erika Gilchrist:



Here I am again with KXAN meteorologist Rhonda Lee who talked about her natural hair journey as a media professional, along with expo host, Veola Jolly.



I can't remember the last time I shopped for something to wear to an event. Whenever I see affordable, versatile pieces that would compliment my wardrobe I pick them up. It's so much easier and cost effective than running out buying something every time you have to make an appearance.

I'm gonna get my 8.99 worth out of this shrug! Not only will I wear it again, but I'll be photographed in it too!

Guess what?! Due to the overwhelming response to this post, I started a personal style blog. But it's not just any personal style blog. Go on..click here to check it out!

8 comments:

  1. nfende8/01/2011

    I never wondered if anybody blogged naked until now :) LOL great post and I love your bargain shopping skills! I love getting great stuff at a fabulous price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iHiredMe8/01/2011

    Believe me, Nicole, somebody is somewhere at this very moment hitting 'Publish' wearing nothing but a smile! If they ever have an Extreme Clothes Couponing kinda show - I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amberr Meadows Phounsavath8/01/2011

    Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Kohls are my top four spots for incredible deals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. iHiredMe8/01/2011

    Mine too Amberr! I gotta add New York & Company to the list..with their coupons, you can get like $45 off a purchase of $100.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stesha8/01/2011

    Love how you recreated the look! Shrugs are a staple in my closet, as I'm preparing my fall closet!

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. iHiredMe8/01/2011

    Thanks! They're perfect for layering...I took it off when I got hot & put it back on when I got cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CoffeeLovinMom8/07/2011

    You may get some interesting google hits from this post..love the shrug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! nothing out of the ordinary yet...someone was searching for a cream Body Central shrug, however...

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...