7.13.2011

Chronicles from The Crackhouse: Day 3

Let me start off by saying this can get really really expensive! God knew what He was doing when He told Dr. Gupta to give me that gift card. I thank them both...kindly. 

I clocked in this morning around 8am and was able to get my other corner office. 




Patrick must spend the night in this place. He always manages to get the most valued piece of real estate. Yes - Patrick is his real name. Don't you know your coworkers on a first-name basis?! Looking at how his cube is set up, I can guess where his headquarters is located. Hint: rhymes with Hell. I tried to take a picture of it while he was on smoke break, but it didn't come out good. Sorry.

ALL-HANDS OFF-SITE

Whenever I think about the place that rhymes with Hell, lame buzzwords immediately come to mind. Corporate jargon makes me cringe. I'm meeting some friends for dinner this evening. Doesn't that sound better than, "I have an all-hands off-site tonight"?

My friend's mom is in town visiting. Long before she got here, she sent me a note on Facebook letting me know she wanted to meet me. I didn't ask why. Decided it would be more appropriate to ask when we meet. I'm really looking forward to hearing what Ms. Pearl has to say. She's retired and spends time volunteering at a school reading to kids and helping with their homework. An example of how your golden years should be spent.

Since I won't be at Headquarters after-hours, I had to get here early before The Boy and The Girl start pinging me asking when I'm going to circle back with them. No matter how task driven I may be, they always seem to stay in my pipeline.

360 DEGREE FEEDBACK

When The Girl and I went on our walk last night, I asked her how she felt about me going across town holding up a sign saying, 'Need Help!':

Her: Mom - no, that's not right. There are really people who need help.
Me: I know - you're lookin' at one of em. 
I didn't have the bandwidth to pushback. It might be in everyone's best interest to refocus and ramp up my productivity or possibly consider rolling out a new paradigm shift.

It's tabled for now. A good segue for me to take it offline.

And in case you just stumbled upon this and have no idea what's going on, Views from The Crackhouse will bring you up to speed.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Donna you always have a positive attitude no matter what the circumstances are. That's why I will see your name in lights one day, my dear!

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stesha - that's why we'll see BOTH our names in lights on day!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...