6.26.2011

Me Time

I'm a huge fan of Dr. Oz. On one of his shows he said you should go out and socialize at least one time per week. I forgot exactly why he said we should do it. I think it had something to do with reducing stress or preventing depression or something. Regardless - I know that I don't get out "for fun" nearly as much as I should.

So when Chris called last week and said she wanted to get together, I didn't make any excuses. We set a date immediately to meet at our regular spot. Kona Grill in The Domain. The best weekend happy hour in town.

Either I'm a total lush or love the hell outta that girl. I drove with no a/c in what had to be triple digit temperatures during the hottest part of the day to eat sushi, avocado egg rolls, and sip margaritas. 

Note: It's impossible to overeat with a personal trainer sitting next to you. I had my eye on some chicken potstickers and I can still hear Chris's voice as I tried to tell the waiter to bring me some:

"We don't need that, Donna. We'll eat too much. The eggrolls are fried...that'll make us feel full."

Um...look here, Missy. We got two different stomachs. And mine is used to having one of everything on the menu. Thank you kindly. 



We did a good job of not talking about work. I needed that. I really really needed that. I proposed we do this once a month. She agreed.

Oh - and a huge shout out to Baby Daddy for sponsoring my field trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...