6.08.2011

Blogging Tool I Can't Blog Without


While making my morning rounds on twitter today, @HighImpactMom asked:



Bloggers, I have a question, what has been ur most effective way of ensuring consistent writing and posting? How do u make time?

Which led to the following exchange:

Me: I stopped limiting myself 2 only writing at certain times. When the thought hits me, I act immediately

@HighImpactMom: Ugh.But I can't do that.Maybe if I kept a journal or small notebook that would make it easier.But I have 2 on the go kids. No time

Yes - keeping a small notebook handy at all times is a must.

But here's what has helped me tremendously


This isn't the exact one I have...taking a picture of it would've taken more time.

HOW I USE IT FOR BLOGGING

There are times when thoughts come to me faster than I can write. I've found myself driving and I'll see something that sparks an idea for a post. 

Warning: Writing and/or blogging while driving can kill you and others! Don't do it!

  1. Dictate your thoughts into your voice recorder
  2. Transcribe and publish
 In Amanda's case, she later tweeted she'd set aside two hours of writing time. Bingo! You don't have to waste any of that time trying to come up with content. Just push play and start typing. 

The $25 investment for my voice recorder was one of the best yet. I'm really old school when it comes to certain things, but sometimes pen and paper won't cut it.


photo: ahaus

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your site after a friend "liked" your Facebook page. Keeping notes is important to me. I keep a notebook on me at all times but sometimes my hand gets tired after capturing all of my thoughts. :) When that happens, I like being able to pick up my cell phone and leave myself voice notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for connecting on Facebook and joining the conversation here on my blog..I really do appreciate it! You know what - I think I can leave myself voice notes on my phone too..I'll have to figure out how to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...