1.01.2010

Do You - You Can Always Change Your Mind

Welcome to 2010! I'm really excited about the new year. Not because of the typical new year hype, but because I'm back at home blogging again. It had been about seven months since my last post and although I wasn't here, I'd been writing articles, posting videos, and blogging in other places. Speaking of which, I'll be guest blogging at The Work at Home Woman with my first post debuting on January 19th.

When I ran across the photo to the left, it was perfect for my entry today. I've often felt that my blog didn't  matter, but I now know this is so far from the truth. After I came back to blogspot, I read my previous posts and comments. The fact that I had friends here who were supporting me should've been reason enough for me to hang around and keep at it. Hindsight is 20/20 and this has allowed for yet another learning experience.

Why I Took a Blogging Hiatus
I was doing just fine here at Blogger, but had several different people tell me that my blog wouldn't be taken seriously. I was told things like no one reads blogs on Blogger and Google owns your content just to name a few. I've spent the last few months going back and forth with starting a blog on Wordpress vs. coming back here. It was going to cost me a few hundred dollars and I didn't have the money to move forward. Or should I say, I chose to allocate that money to other uses. It simply made no sense for me to pay for something that I could do myself for free. I already knew how to use Blogger and felt comfortable with it. More importanly, The Unemployed Entrepreneur's™ brand is one that gets results using an organic, low-cost approach to business. Nothing costs less than free.

What This Has Taught Me
We have so many choices these days and the best thing we can do for ourselves is to choose what's right for us as an individual. Besides, we have the right to change our minds. What you're doing today may not work for you tomorrow and you should be flexible and able to adapt to and manage change - in your personal life and in your business.

When you're listening to feedback (solicited and unsolicited), you have to carefully discern what's being said and figure out if the information you're getting is in your best interest. While I believe that more often than not it is, there are those people who'll tell you things that will ultimately benefit themselves. Those folks trying to convince me to move over to Wordpress were well aware of my technological challenges and could have benefited from me hiring them.

Take advantage of the free resources that are available. You won't be able to accomplish everything without spending money, but when you can - you should. Invest only after weighing all of your options and doing your research. It will certainly pay off in the long run.

Talk to you soon...

Photo credit: MrLomo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...