1.14.2010

Walgreens Offers More Than Prescriptions and Chia Pets

I’ve been called everything from frugal to down right cheap. Oh well! That only motivates me to continue to save and find deals. And when I do, I’m blogging and sharing them with you.

I must admit that sometimes I’m a bit skeptical when it comes to taking advantage of certain bargains. However, the one thing that can always sway me is if someone I know and trust has used the product or service.

A family member told me about the printer ink cartridge refills available at Walgreens. She’d gotten hers refilled there and was totally pleased.

I woke up on Monday ready to work and couldn’t print a single page. I got online to see if the Walgreens closest to me offered the service (not all stores do according to their website). Sure enough they did and I didn’t waste any time getting over there.

They charge $12.99 per cartridge for color and black refills. If I’d bought them from Dell, the color cartridge would’ve been $26.99 and the black $29.99. That’s definitely not in my spending plan.

The technician did a test on each cartridge to make sure they would “take” the refills. My black cartridge failed (you’re not supposed to have more than 5 line breaks on the test strip of paper…mine looked like a row of mismatched legos!). My color cartridge test didn’t look too good either. She advised that she was going to proceed with refilling them, but there was a possibility they may not work. She told me to ensure you get the best results, bring the cartridges in immediately when you get the low ink warning. Mine were dry as a bone since I’d ignored all previous warnings.

When she paged me to come to the photo department (I was off browsing…they had these orange “last chance” stickers all over the cosmetics section with ridiculous markdowns!) she gave me great news. She told me she wasn’t going to charge me for the black refill since it probably wasn’t going to work. I got both cartridges for $12.99 plus tax. That’s a savings of more than $40! And on top of that, I got two coupons for 50% off my next refills.

Summary: The Walgreens printer cartridge refills are an exceptional value. I saved over 75% and didn’t sacrifice convenience. Both cartridges are like new. I have the same print quality. I’ll never pay full retail for refills again.

Do you know of any awesome specials? Share them here in the comments below.



Photo credit: hargo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...