3.09.2012

From Flab to Almost Fab - Wall Squats




If you missed the initial From Flab to Almost Fab post, CLICK HERE to get up to speed.

February's challenge is over. I didn't win. That's ok..I improved. My wall squat percentage increased by 42%.

When Bonni texts me to give an update on my progress, I just sit there and stare at my phone for a minute. Like - really?! Does she know I only got off my ass (insert # less than 3) times this week and did my exercise routines?! Is she completely clueless to the fact that I counted putting away groceries as a day's worth of cardio?!

And then my brain switches gears and I start to think, Wow - what if I exercised five days a week like she suggested? How much stronger would I be right now?

Here's the bottom line: I don't want to run a marathon...at least right now. My only focus is improving - consistently. And I'm doing that. I don't have to break any records and win every challenge in the process. I'm staying committed to my initial goal. Being more active now than I have in the past. I'm leaving the over-achieving hype on the sidelines. 

But I can't help but ask one last question -  Could I have lost the five pounds I wasn't trying to lose if I had done absolutely nothing at all?!

For March, it's all about the V-Crunch. This articulate young man with a nice pair of shoulders was kind enough to make an internet how-to video!

Where do you stand with your wellness goals? Did you participate in the wall squat challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...