8.31.2010

Today's Video: I Ain't too Proud to Save



While most people won't even bother to clip and use coupons, in this video not only do I use mine, but I redeem it days AFTER I made my purchase!

To put things into perspective, let me give you a scenario: If you found out a store was giving away $10 bills, you wouldn't hesitate to go stand in line to get yours. Don't dare say you wouldn't because I waited in line with at least a hundred people to get a free Whataburger. Doing what I did in this video is no different and in all actuality, it's more justifiable because it was my $10 to begin with!

Here are just a few things $10 will buy me:

  • 2.5 Dark Cherry Mocha Frappachinos from Starbucks
  • a domain name
  • an eyebrow wax
  • 1/2 of the items on The Boy's second grade school supply list
  • a rotisserie chicken & 2 bags of frozen veggies
  • a matinee movie ticket
  • a dress from Ross (a cute one...seriously!)
You can judge me if you want to, but don't call me asking to borrow $10!

Guess what?! Due to the overwhelming response to this post, I started a personal style blog. But it's not just any personal style blog. Go on..click here to check it out!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely Donna. People should never hesitate to do this! I worked at Nordstrom as a teen and we would do this for people, no questions asked. It stunned me later when I would ask other Retailers to do the same and they denied or fumbled their way thru such a simple request. But, hold your ground! You did the perfect thing by telling her she could do the transaction any way she wanted, as long as you got your $10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,

    After posting this on Facebook, I was thrilled to see we're not the only ones bold enough to do this. I, too, have experienced retailers who refuse to honor coupons after the purchase is made.

    Happy Shopping...and Saving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you Donna I would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan,

    There are so many people who wouldn't have...for whatever reason. Thanks for reading and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Donna. People should never hesitate to do this! I worked at Nordstrom as a teen and we would do this for people, no questions asked. It stunned me later when I would ask other Retailers to do the same and they denied or fumbled their way thru such a simple request. But, hold your ground! You did the perfect thing by telling her she could do the transaction any way she wanted, as long as you got your $10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amberr Meadows Phounsavath8/02/2011

    I think some people (Guilty!) are too forgetful of their coupons and then too lazy to go back to the store to redeem them later. I know it can save a pretty penny over the course of a year, so I'm considering Post-it notes all over the house reading, "Did you Remember Your Coupons?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. iHiredMe8/02/2011

    I agree, Amberr. Do whatever it takes to remember them. I'm really grateful RackRoom allowed me to redeem them..some stores won't.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...