12.27.2011

Donnaism

If this ends up making sense, it was pure luck. Not planned whatsoever. That's what happens when you sit down with a Cinnamon Dolce Latte and start click-clackin'. The rest of the world calls it typing, but not my oldest sister. To her, I'm click-clackin'.

One of my faithful and supportive readers, The Numbers Whisperer, gets a kick out of my southern idioms. Although I'm not the first to have said, "Shut your mouth wide open!" or "It's hotter than fish grease!", she refers to them as Donna-isms. And being the twitter-addicted blogger I am, I've claimed the phrase appropriately by making it a hashtag.

The other day I tweeted this one:

don't force it. whatever IT is. #donnaism

(sidenote: I just wasted about 17 minutes of my life trying to figure out how to embed a tweet. I can't get those 17 minutes back. Ever.)

@MicheleDortch retweeted it and said she needed to hear that. You're welcome, Michele.

If you're still reading - thank you. I think I'm about to make a point.

I really could've forced out a themed topic relating to Christmas that probably would've made some sense. But I didn't want to. Instead, I waited to write. I'm allowing the words to just flow. However they're popping into my head is how they're being click-clacked.

As I continue to evolve, I'm making a conscience effort to not force it. Nothing that was ever forced felt good.

While people are resolving to not have resolutions and to be intentional without setting goals or whatever the popular thing is going into 2012, this is what I'm going to focus on. And my three words from last year of course.

If you don't do anything differently in the new year,

give yourself permission to just be.

Naturally. Whoever you are.

Don't feel obligated to meet anyone's expectations other than your own. But do yourself a favor in the process. Raise the bar.

I appreciate you putting up with me yet another year. Thank you for reading and sharing your feelings. I'm grateful for every single social media mention, comment, and most importantly for you telling someone about my blog and inviting them to the party.

I can't promise you anything other than to keep giving you the truth.

Honestly uncontrived.

That is how I choose to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...