7.30.2012

The Emily Morgan Experience


More than 2.5 million people per year visit The Alamo


A couple of weekends ago, my family and I became a statistic.

I was invited to San Antonio by a client to facilitate a board leadership retreat. The kind of gig I absolutely love. You spend a few hours in a small intimate setting honing in on team building and laser focused strategizing.

As much as I enjoy meeting new people and helping them set their ideas into motion, a life of all work and no play is something I don't want to revert back to. I need both to exist in harmony with myself.

We stayed at the beautiful and historic Emily Morgan Hotel



The second-most photographed building in all of San Antonio.

When I googled the property and saw the exterior, I assumed the interior would reflect the original architecture of the structure. Something I'm not a fan of. We each have our own design preferences and mine is all about modern and contemporary spaces. 



The dark wood and clean lines balance the hotel's theme. You're able to appreciate the memorabilia without feeling like you're in a museum. Everywhere you look, you're reminded of the luxurious amenities and accommodations. 







The double-bed room was spacious and the kids enjoyed waking up to an Alamo. When I got back to the room on Friday after the retreat, the hotel staff had loaded us up with freshly baked cookies, beverages, and complimentary breakfast vouchers.

The property is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation at the end of the year. Here's what I would like to see incorporated into the upgrades:

  • queen beds | traveling families often share a room and larger beds make for a better sleeping experience
  • redesigned shower and tub | the jacuzzi style is nice, but the tub sits pretty high off the ground and stepping in was a bit tricky
The Emily Morgan Hotel is only two blocks from the Riverwalk, one of the most popular vacation spots in the U.S. So it doesn't matter if you're a business or leisure traveler - this conveniently located gem is the ultimate boutique destination offering superior quality and service at an exceptional value.

I'm looking forward to my next visit. 

Would you add San Antonio to your list of Texas cities to tour?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...