2.22.2009

Videography Blew my Budget

I told you all that I'd share with you what I have and am learning along my entrepreneurial journey. I've actually written two articles titled "My Big Dumb Costly Business Mistakes". Well here goes with mistake number 3 - I hired a professional videographer when I decided to launch my vlogs. What should I have done? Purchased one of those flip cams that are all the rage now for less than $200.

Sometimes I can get a bit hung up on making sure that my business reflects quality and professionalism. I've come to understand that this isn't necessary in all aspects and can become quite expensive if you're outsourcing. What does this mean for the future of my vlogs? Nothing other than I won't debut any until I purchase a flip cam or some other do-it-yourself device. (I think I may have one episode left that still needs to be published).

I'm still going to feature my Small Business Showcase here on my blog in the interim. If you know of an entrepreneur that you'd like to see mentioned, drop me an email at info@donnaljohnson.com and give me specifics of who/why. If you can recommend a small, easy to use camera I'd appreciate that too! My video clips are one of my favorite things to do. :)

Talk to you soon...

3 comments:

  1. I was looking at the flip phones today at Amazon. I really want to get one for Vlogging.

    My biggest challenge is being comfortable in front of the camera, but I notice that the more I do it the better and easier it gets (just like anything else).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just purchase a sim card and use your bb. I edit video too. Let me know if you need some assistance. Check out my videos on my Youtube Channel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just purchase a sim card and use your bb. I edit video too. Let me know if you need some assistance. Check out my videos on my Youtube Channel.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...