11.06.2011

A Date With Plain Ivey Jane

This past Saturday The Girl and I spent the day together. Whenever that happens, there's sure to be food and fashion involved. In that order.

I got wind of a fashion show brunch tweeted by @2NDStDistrict and decided it would be the perfect place for us to hang out. 

You know it's damn near impossible to go to something like this without asking the million dollar question:

"What am I gonna wear?!?"



Prior to seeing the tweet, I'd never heard of Plain Ivey Jane
As if you didn't already know I'm a discount-shopping-non-couture kinda girl.  

When the show got underway, I was pleasantly surprised to see the models wearing wearable clothes:




My event photographer was invited to pose. She accepted:



 Since Saturday, I've been asking God to perform a miracle on my hips so they can accommodate this cute Hype charcoal washable silk dress:


Both me and The Girl's eyes lit up when this ensemble hit the catwalk.

Can you say, "Happy New Year!"


Sarah Reeves fulfilled her dream of having her own boutique.
 By doing so, she made it possible for women to have affordable designer goods without breaking the bank.

me and Plain Ivey Jane owner, Sarah Reeves




As you can see, Plain Ivey Jane carries a variety of apparel and accessories. Betsey Johnson, Diane Von Furstenburg, Vera Wang, and Marc by Marc Jacobs are just a few of the brands you'll find there. 

How do they do it? Sarah buys overstock directly from the designers and then passes those savings on to you.

She calls it Closeout Couture

I like that.

What's your favorite look from the fall showcase?

Guess what?! Due to the overwhelming response to this post, I started a personal style blog. But it's not just any personal style blog. Go on..click here to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Donna I think I might fly to Texas just to purchase the 81 poppies blue dress and the pink scarf from Bali:) I love fashionable and "wearable" clothing without the mega price! I love it.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...