11.06.2011

A One Night Stand for Charity

Back in August I told you about my experience auctioneering a live auction for the first time. It was a charitable event hosted by the Interior Design Society Texas Hill Chapter to raise money for a room make-over for SafePlace.

That night, we raised close to $3,000.

The entire project has been made possible by the generous contributions of the IDS members, contractors, and regular people like you and me. Everything has been donated. From labor to materials to time. 

We held the finale event at the end of October to get the funds in order to complete the project.

This one was a silent auction complete with karaoke, costumes, margaritas, and a slew of vendors offering fantabulous door prizes. A local artist painted an original picture right before our eyes - the only item auctioned off live. 

me, a one-night-stand, and Chair of IDS Charitable Committee
 
Both events were mega-successes considering the fact that IDS has only been in existence here locally for not even a year. I'm truly humbled and blessed to be a part of such a giving organization. 

With just under $5,000 and a whole lot of teamwork, the make-over is in progress and we're all eagerly awaiting the reveal. I'll be there front and center...with a wad of tissues, as I'm sure there won't be a dry eye in the house.

With the holidays approaching, there'll be all kinds of causes for you to support. 

Remember, those in need can benefit from your time as well as your money.

*To my Facebook friends who inquired about my dress, I got it at Body Central.

1 comment:

  1. Charitable giving is so important! You are absolutely right: our time as well as our money are both beneficial to support great causes.I'm thrilled that both events were so successful.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...