6.11.2012

We Met, We Ate, We Blogged About It

One of the goals I have with social media is to actually meet as many of my online buddies in real life as I possibly can. 

There was the time when I flew to San Francisco and stayed with a total stranger - who I met on twitter. And then the other time when I invited a total stranger to come stay with me - who I met on twitter. And then Shonika came to Austin from D.C. and we got to meet in person after developing a close friendship - yeah, you guessed it - on twitter. 

Last month, Lynn Asummermoon Davis hit me up on Facebook and told me she was coming to town. I was really excited about this one!





Lynn and I have been online buddies since she stumbled across one of my guest posts in 2010 over at The Work at Home Woman. We've been reading each other's blogs, tweeting, and emailing since then. She's one of those kind of people who has the ability to make you smile just by reading her status updates. Always positive. Always encouraging. 

She's doing an awesome job of growing her social media business, A&D Media, which caters to small businesses and non-profit organizations. The fact that she dreams of even bigger things than she's doing now is contagiously inspirational. The few hours we spent together weren't enough. I invited myself to her place in Jersey so we can pick up where we left off here. 

After we consumed more food than we probably should have, we walked away feeling blessed to have had the opportunity to be in each other's presence. 

And did I tell you this was her first time flying?! 

I'm looking forward to our next encounter...on the east coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...