11.17.2011

How Best Buy Blew It

When I started jotting down notes for this post, they were all positive. That was the intention then. Due to circumstances beyond my control, the story that's about to unfold is down right shameful.

On October 19, 2011, I ordered a Dell ink cartridge online from BestBuy.com. I was all excited because you get a 20% discount by ordering online on Wednesdays. The cartridge was regularly $23.99 and after the discount it came out to $19.19 (total with tax is $20.77).

I opted to pick it up in the store instead of having it shipped to Headquarters. The shipping timeframe was between 10/25 - 10/29. It would be available for pick up on 10/27 - a specific date.

Or so I thought.

On 10/27, the shipping date, I got an email saying the order had been delayed. An exact reason wasn't given, but the email said I'd receive another email when the order had been shipped.

Fast forward to November 17, 2011:
I've YET to receive said email and I don't have a damn clue as to where my ink cartridge is. And guess what?! Best Buy don't know where it is either!

I have to be honest and tell you with all the fractured tibia drama going on in my life, this ink cartridge was way down on my priority list. I refuse to let October the Devil infiltrate my November.

On 11/2 I called Best Buy customer service. I have to give them some credit for having zero hold time and a painless automated system. However, when the rep came on the line, it was all downhill from there.

She (typically I would've gotten her name, but it was irrelevant) basically said:
  • the warehouse had requested shipping (wonderful! now tell me something I don't know)
  • the item was shipped to the store, but she didn't know on what date. (really?! really?!) when I expressed my frustration she then backtracked and said the weather was making 'the system' slow and if I had time to wait she'd look for it. I was placed on hold while she had someone else look for the mystery shipping date. It took at least 5 minutes for her to come back and tell me the supervisor couldn't give me a shipping date. (no - I didn't ask to speak with the supervisor because I'm totally convinced EVERYBODY is mild-to-moderately incompetent.)
  • due to having issues with 'the system' she couldn't even get to the reason why the shipment was delayed.
  • I'd have to contact the store to see if it's there OR wait on the email.
After being on the phone for 21 minutes I hung up with nothing. No answers. No ink cartridge.

On 11/17 I went to the Best Buy store where the item was to have been shipped. In a nutshell, I was told the exact same thing by the clerk and his manager. Nothing.

The manager informed me I could call customer service and get a refund.

Shut your mouth wide open! Like, that's an option?! I'm so grateful!

I couldn't help but wonder if Best Buy would have the same attitude if the missing item in question was this:


image courtesy of BestBuy.com

Sale:
$3,299.98
Reg. Price:
$3,799.98

Why would anyone trust them with a major purchase if they can't keep track of a $20 ink box?!

* * * * * * * * * *

I want my ink cartridge.

I want an explanation. One that makes sense.

1 comment:

  1. Donna you make an excellent point. It's about trust. Whether it be on the small or large scale. Hopefully Best Buy, will recognize this and deliver your ink cartridge today!

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...