5.24.2011

Title This Whatever You Want

I tweeted this post and @asummermoon replied:


@iHiredMe wow that's great congrats...btw love the frank advice and down to earth nature you present on your blog


Thank you, Lynn.

  1. It took me forever to figure out how to get that screensot image thingy on here. Huge technological advancement for The Unemployed Entrepreneur®.
  2. It took me longer than I care to admit to get to the point of being frank. I have no problems in this area in real life, but for some reason it was a challenge here.
  3. The reason it was a challenge is because I was treating my blog a little bit differently than I do real life - kind of. I've figured that much out - I think.
  4. This is my blog. Period. I can make it whatever I want it to be. I can write about whatever I want to write about. No matter how much the experts tell me I'm supposed to focus on one thing. 
  5. I'm not one dimensional, therefore, one focus doesn't work for me. One focus is like fitting into one box. I don't do boxes. Unless they're round - like a hat box. The box most people don't think about when you bring up the word "box". 
  6. My blog won't appeal to everyone and I don't want it to. If it did, that would make it one dimensional.
  7. Advice varies. What you would tell someone may not be the same as what the person next to you would suggest. I give advice based on my own experiences and would never tell someone to do something I wouldn't do myself. 
  8. Being me is easy. It doesn't take any extra effort on my part. I wake up and show up and my job is done. I'm a deep thinker, but being me requires the least amount of thought.
  9. Thought takes a back seat to action in my world. Thinking deep doesn't mean shit if you aren't willing to roll up your sleeves, get your shovel out, and dig half as deep as you allow yourself to over analyze.
  10. As much as I appreciate you taking the time to read, comment, tweet, and Facebook, I'd turn cartwheels if you actually got up and decided to do something - not for me - but for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Donna, I'd like to comment more often but my "do something" involves me taking some more college courses to gain the skills I desire for my new career interests. I'm always a lurk away :-)Funny that you wrote this post when I was struggling with the concept around the word "niche". I love that someone finally wrote what has been on my mind,"One focus is like fitting into one box. I don't do boxes." Yes! Exactly! I figured if people want to read about a certain topic they can always go straight to the categories section. Eventually, I do plan on creating another more focused niche blog but I have a strong feeling I'll probably color outside the lines on that one too. Here's to your many cartwheels for all of your "Do Something" readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn - here's one thing I know - lurkers eventually become commenters! I'm just grateful you find the time to read in spite of your busy schedule. You are absolutely right - people can go find the niches that suit them. Somebody has to deliver some spontaneity in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn - here's one thing I know - lurkers eventually become commenters! I'm just grateful you find the time to read in spite of your busy schedule. You are absolutely right - people can go find the niches that suit them. Somebody has to deliver some spontaneity in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...