1.09.2011

Today's Video: Forbes Contributing Writer How-To

People have landed here on my blog by searching some variation of 'How to Become a Contributing Writer to Forbes/ForbesWoman'. Watch the video to see how it happened for me:



If you can't see the video CLICK HERE.

Video is for highlighting, not for details. After shooting this, I went back to confirm the dates to give you a timeline as to how long it actually took. By no means am I implying this was an overnight process.

2008 - Started blogging and submitting articles to an online article directory

12/7/2009 - Mailed Personal Branding Article

1/13/2010 - Contacted by Forbes to contribute to 12 Things Every Business Professional Should Know

3/8/2010 -   Received invitation from Forbes to become a regular contributing writer

Do you have specific questions? Leave a comment and let me know...I'll do my best to help you.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/27/2011

    Donna, such a pleasure to discover this video online. I also shared it with my group on Facebook called Christian Entrepreneurs, I'd love for you to be a part of that. At any rate, Congratulations!!! I too would enjoy the opportunity to be a contributing writer for either Forbes Woman or Entrepreneur! I thank you for the BLUEPRINT to do so! I also think it's imperative for others to see your perseverance from 2008 until 2010 when you became officially a contributing writer. It doesn't happen offer night, but it happens! Such an inspiring story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found me, Shanon! Let me know when you get signed on as a contributor so I can share your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found me, Shanon! Let me know when you get signed on as a contributor so I can share your work.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...