1.30.2013

Getting More Facebook Likes

The Facebook page for my style blog has grown by 81% in the past three months and I didn't resort to buying "likes" for it to do so. 

Here's what I did to give it a boost:


  • updated my page more frequently - For me, that means going from 1-2 times per week to 3-4 times. Why not every day? Because it turns into information overload and your messages become diluted. Instead of forcing stuff on my fans on a daily basis, I focus on sharing relevant, quality content I think they'll read, benefit from, and share. 


  • liked other pages as Discount Thief - This strategy has proven to be super effective for driving people back to my page. In order for this to work, you have to engage ethically on other people's pages. Simply put: no spammy, self-serving comments. Never ever do I mention my blog or my services. If the page owner asks a question, I answer it. If they're making small talk, I chime in. when I read something interesting on their blog, I go to their Facebook page and let them know the value I got from it. It's always about the page owner. Not about me.

Here's what others did to add to my numbers:


  • publicly recognized my work - The administrator from a group of local bloggers emailed me to let me know I was chosen as the featured blogger of the week. This was a pleasant surprise, especially considering I was no longer an active member of the Facebook group. Keeping with that whole ethics thing, I immediately advised them that I wasn't a member and told them I understood if they needed to rescind. Turns out, since the group is geared solely toward Austin area bloggers - that was good enough for them. Talking about grateful! 


  • gave me shout outs - Natasha from One Woman's Style and Evolution and Miss Rockwell from Thrifty and Shameless showed me love. Be it blog traffic or growing your social media presence, having people in your corner to toot your horn is priceless. Reciprocating and returning the favor is a must. Promote others and you'll get it back ten fold. 
Are you making progress with your social media efforts? What's working for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...