2.21.2012

Luxury Car - Low Budget Service

On January 30, 2012, something happened to my car. The battery died while parked and when I had the battery and alternator tested, both checked out fine. Luckily, it stalled right across the street from a repair shop where I've had work done on it before and the technician was kind enough to give me a boost.

Fast forward to today. My car has been inoperable in my driveway for three weeks now. 

This video explains why:



I can't fathom in today's technologically advanced world that the dealership can't offer any help. Wait a minute. The general manager would actually have to call back first. My bad.

Please don't allow any company to treat you this way! Hold them accountable. Make your voice heard.

Would you mind sharing this to help me get the word out?! This type of neglect has to stop.

Oh...and another thing: my next car will be a Chrysler.


**3/1 UPDATE**

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and share this and then inquire about the status of the situation. 

After sending the above video to Jaguar's VP of Communications and Public Affairs and other corporate team members, I received a call from AJ, the GM at the Houston dealership within a couple of hours. Does leaving, "Donna you will have to answer your phone if you'd like to talk to me", on someone's voicemail sound like someone eager to help?! Sorry dude, but I don't talk on the phone while driving.

AJ said he had logged where he tried called me 17 times. I told him that was a flat out lie and asked how many messages he left. He said none - he doesn't leave messages. Wow.

Here's the deal: the Austin dealership is now involved and that process resulted in me filing a formal complaint with Jaguar. Why?! The service technician guaranteed he could fix the electrical problem in one hour at a labor rate of $125. When the car was towed (at Houston Jaguar's expense) to the Austin dealership, I received a call the next day telling me repairs to my car's electrical system would exceed the value of my car. Sorry, but that's not what the service tech said. 

I just hung up with the customer relations rep who took my complaint and she basically called to reiterate the same thing. She stated the service manager apologized for his tech giving me misinformation. 

NEXT STEPS: I'm escalating this case to the executive team at Jaguar headquarters. I refuse to go down without a fight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...