8.27.2012

Yes...You Can't Do It Alone

When I launched the personal style blog, I thanked a few people who helped make it possible. When you read my Backstory, you'll see how my Daddy influenced my entrepreneurial endeavors. 

Throughout my entire life I've had somebody, somewhere giving me a hand-up (not to be confused with a hand-out) so I could then help myself.

I moved to Austin 21 years ago. Me and a couple of girls decided to come for the weekend and never went back to the small town we called home. They had family here. I didn't. That was my primary reason for wanting to stay. I needed to gain my independence and the only way I could do that was by leaving my family. I'm the youngest of four kids, my Daddy's 13th child, and needless to say - I was spoiled loved. I was going down the road of non-stop mistakes with my sisters, uncle, and mama bailing me out.

Fast forward to today. I've raised the most amazing daughter anyone could ask for, have a brilliant son following along in her footsteps while making imprints that are uniquely his own, and have been afforded the opportunity to work in a variety of fields. But most of all, I get the greatest joy and sense of accomplishment from what I do as an entrepreneur. 

And just like all of the people who welcomed me into their homes when I couldn't go and be with my family, I've been blessed to meet folks who embrace, inspire, and push me to achieve greatness in business. 

The notion that you can OR did do it alone is laughable. 


If you're striving for success and despite your efforts, you just can't seem to get there - it might be a good time to survey your circle of influence. Take inventory of your support group. Look at where your roots are planted in the community. 

Oh...you don't have any of that? 

Well it's about time you step away from the computer and start to really connect.

If you're any closer to your dreams today than you were yesterday, chances are, somebody helped you get there. 

Tea invited me to her Word CarnivalWanna see what other bloggers/small business owners have to say about this topic? Go ahead...click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...