2.16.2010

The Unemployed Entrepreneur™ Contributes as a Guest Blogger

I’ve been back actively blogging here since December 2009. I talked about my hiatus in this post. This is the same month I set the intention to become a guest blogger. I’d been reading all about the benefits of guest blogging and knew it was something I wanted to do. I had no idea who I’d blog for, when it would happen, or any of the other specifics. All I knew is that I’d made my mind up and once my mind is made up, there’s pretty much no stopping me at that point.



How it All Started

I’m a member of a local women’s group called Business+Balance Austin. We get email updates about PR opportunities, workshops, and retreats that other members are offering. I was checking my email one day and low and behold there was a call out for guest bloggers! Without giving it a second thought, I responded to Holly Reisen Hanna of The Work at Home Woman and put my name in the hat to become one of her contributors. This was the ideal writing gig for me because not only was Holly local which meant she and I would have the opportunity to form a solid relationship, but I’d been introduced to her when she got wind of an event I was hosting and promoted the event on her site. Mind you, she had no idea who I was at the time. She was just doing her part to help out a fellow woman entrepreneur. By the way, I’d found my event on Holly’s site when I googled myself. Holly just wrote a great post about keeping up with your online reputation. You can read it here.

In my email to Holly, I detailed my areas of expertise, a link to view my writing samples, and a list of publications that I’d been printed in. She responded immediately letting me know I’d been “hired”.


Where I Am Today

This is my second month contributing to The Work at Home Woman. In two short months, my guest blogger position has afforded me the opportunity to meet the other fabulous women entrepreneurs in Holly’s network and connect with her audience. Holly does a fantastic job of engaging with her readers by frequently responding to comments. I’m following in her foot steps and doing the same.

You can read my posts on The Work at Home Woman the third Tuesday of every month. This is all original content you won’t find here or anywhere else.

Are you a blogger? Let me know where I can find you...I leave at least 5 blog comments a week on various blogs and am always looking for new ones.

Have you thought about blogging, but haven’t taken action yet? What’s holding you back? I’d love to hear your feedback and assist in any way I can.



Photo credit: hedgiecc

6 comments:

  1. Hi Donna!

    I'm so glad we met and honored to have you as a guest blogger!

    I think one of the most important aspects to blogging (besides killer content)is to create a community. Leaving comments & responding to comments is key to establishing a thriving community, as well as being genuine and thoughtful with your comments.

    I look forward to learning more from you in 2010!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job!!! I would like to contribute as a guest blogger and enjoy blogging.But i dont understand from where i should working.Any suggestions pls!!!

    http://ethicalbusinessbureau.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anne,

    From looking at your site, you're offering a valuable and much needed service. I suggest you find blogs that focus on online businesses and leave relevant comments that provide insight on online ethics. Start to build a relationship with the blog author(s)/community and go from there.

    You can always start your own blog here on Blogger. In just reading your about page, I see tons of tips that you could be sharing. Hope this helps and thanks for stopping by!

    Donna J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is an old article, but I happened upon it while reading your latest blog. Ironically, I just started my own blog to help spread the message that is the basis for my business. I am finally of the mindset to "get on it." I'll send you my blog in a day or so when I have completed all the necessary housekeeping items - I'm always open ears to any suggestions or comments that come my way, and would be very grateful for your contribution ;O) Thanks for everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no statute of limitations when it comes to commenting, Bonni. Thank you. Looking forward to getting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job!!! I would like to contribute as a guest blogger and enjoy blogging.But i dont understand from where i should working.Any suggestions pls!!!

    http://ethicalbusinessbureau.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...